Saturday, March 04, 2017

Brownies


Soooo...  I got a new bike last month. It's part of my "try to be healthy" resolution for 2017. The last time I rode the bike was 9 years ago. I bought a new bike then the week after i found myself pregnant, so I put my bike in the shed with the thought that I will use it to loose some weight after giving birth. Well, the rest is history... I forgot why I didn't ride the bike anymore, I guess mostly because I still remember how my bottom hurted after that ride.

Now the story is different, the weighing scale is already screaming everytime I try to jump on it. Last year I lost about 10 kilos because I do exercise religiously about an hour everyday and watched my food. But since I went back to work last July, slowly but sure I added everything back 😓😢. I do really want to be healthy and live forever so I can see my daughters grow 😍. 

To maximise the use of my expensive bike (not that my bike is expensive, but since it's my 2nd bike and  if I didn't use it then my hubby will put that with the same group of my once in the blue moon shoes and call it an expensive hobby. How come the shoes are expensive? They last forever if you hardly use them and take good care of them!) I decided to ride the bike to buy the groceries. It's not much that I want to buy only eggs, fillet steak, and onions.  

Oh gosh, it's really hard work. 2 weeks ago I cycled on the very flat track so I was flying with my bike (and of course I had a sore bottom after that).  This time it was up and down the hills eventhough the distance perhaps less than the last time. I was  dying when it was uphill and then I remembered how I always roll my eyes to see the cyclist going uphill in front of me and I should wait patiently behind them inside my car. I was lucky that I can pedalling to keep on moving, so you can imagine how happy I was when it went downhill and I am so close to just put my hands up in the sky and yelling "woooohoooo" just like I won the jackpot (if I only would be confident enough to cycle handsfree 😱). 

On the way home, I really really enjoyed the downhill part and forgot that I had bought eggs! So yeah, i broke 3 of the eggs and cracked some others. Should practice more or bring some pillow when I buy some eggs. Since I don't want to waste the cracked eggs, I decided to make these brownies. 

So yeah, if I was lucky maybe I still lost some calories because of my cycling 😅.




The recipe is taken from Sally Baking Addiction page, since I trust her recipes. 


Ingredients:


  • 115gr  salted butter
  • 220gr cooking chocolate
  • 100gr granulated sugar
  • 100gr light brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 80 gr plain flour
  • 15 gr  unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 100gr semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 100gr chopped nuts (almond,pecan, walnuts)

Directions:
  • Put the chocolate and butter in a bowl and put the bowl in the medium saucepan on medium heat. Stirring the mixture constantly and when the bowl is hot remove it and keep on stiring until everything is melted. Allow the mixture to cool.
  • Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 160C degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9x9 inch square baking pan with baking paper. Set aside.
  • Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips and nuts if you use it.
  • Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-36 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with only a few moist crumbs when the brownies are done.
  • Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack and cut into squares with a very sharp knife and clean it after each cut to creates a neat square.


Copyright © 2017 Ovie Ober_Marbun
Source: Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies.




No comments: