Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Chocolate Cake


This is a fault free, simple and yummy chocolate cake. I make this when I need to have a dessert for my guests. I made this last christmas, just in case you notice the watermark on the picture. 

Since I didn't have a sweet tooth when I was a child; I blame it on all the people that said sweet things will destroy your teeth.
Just in case you are wondering: Yes, I don't like candy, I am not a big fan of Ice Cream and I prefer dark chocolate over the milk one.
This situation is bearable until I have my own children and they said I am weird and I can sense that they start to think that I was an alien before I met with their Dad.








Ingredient:

100g unsalted butter (if you use salted butter, skip the salt)
100g bar dark chocolate, chopped
2 medium eggs and 1 yolk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
80gr golden caster sugar
25gr plain flour
25gr ground almonds
a pinch of salt
cocoa and sugar powder, for dusting


Method:
Heat oven to 180C. Butter and line the base and sides of a loaf tin. Put the butter and chocolate into a pan and gently melt together until smooth. Meanwhile, using an electric whisk, beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 mins until billowy and about the thickness of old-fashioned custard.

Pour the chocolate and butter mix into the whisked egg and sugar, then fold it in very carefully using a spatula. Mix the flour, almonds and salt together, then fold into the mix until even. Spoon into the tin and bake for 35-40 mins until evenly set with a slight crust all over the top. Leave the cake to cool until warm, then release from the tin. Dust with cocoa, then cut into wedges.

source: BBC Goodfood© 2016 Ovie Ober-Marbun



No comments: